Need to finish your high school degree and are 20 years or younger?
Need to finish your high school degree or GED and are 21 or older?
Want to get a career-related certificate or apprenticeship?
- Check out Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Job Board Apprenticeships section and Worker Trainings section for a list of apprenticeships and trainings available in the Denver Metro area.
Interested in an internship or work opportunity?
Want to improve your leadership skills and use your voice?
Join our Denver Youth Care Community Action Team! DYCCAT is a group of paid civically engaged youth looking to make a difference and uplift youth voice and issues. Denver Youth Care is part of a national movement of young leaders united to increase opportunity and decrease poverty in America, called Opportunity Youth United.
The Denver Youth Leadership Academy (DYLA) is a paid summer 8-week program for young adults to develop their civic engagement, advocacy, leadership skills and learn about career and workforce in Colorado. Check out the work from 2020 graduates:
- Juvenile Justice documentary to highlight the currently the US system of incarceration.
- Mental Health public video to help dismantle the stigma around mental health amongst young people.
- Immigration Advocacy website with the mission to create a safe open space to experience with immigration, provide education, and shares resources.
Our youth are commited, talented and driven. Check out some of their past work:
- Voice of the City is a collaborative, 6 episode, podcast between itsmeSiMBA and the Denver Opportunity Youth Initiative. The podcast aims to inform and inspire the audience throughout each episode.